Recipe of the Month: Arrosticini
Posted on 25 January 2021
Arrosticini are lamb skewers from Abruzzo. We’ve found the perfect and simple recipe from the brilliant online GREAT ITALIAN CHEFS. It’s written below, but please do make sure you check out their website, it’s fabulous!
NB: If we’re being really true to form it should be an Arrosticini BBQ, but it’s way too cold outside for any of that. Feel free to use a griddle pan or shallow fry. It won’t be 100% authentic, but it will still be damn tasty!
- 700g of diced lamb or mutton
- 1 Sprig of rosemary
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
1) Place lamb cubes in a bowl and mix with the olive oil, rosemary, and season with salt and pepper.
2) Preheat the bbq (or griddle pan).
3) Soak the wooden skewers in cold water for 20 minutes to prevent burning.
4) Thread the meat onto the skewers.
5) When the bbq or pan are hot, place the skewers on top for 2-3 minutes, turning halfway through.
6) Serve with pepperoncini and crusty bread and good quality olive oil.
Here the Link to the Recipe.
Arrosticini Wine Pairings
The perfect pairing for these lamb skewers are the brilliant and seriously underrated wines of Montepulciano d’Abruzzo. We’ve got two crackers available online right now:
Montepulciano d'Abruzzo 'Malandrino' by Cataldi Madonna
Montepulciano d'Abruzzo by Caldora
(15% off until the end of January! )